Helping Women Find Sobriety for Over 40 Years
New Directions for Women’s intensive outpatient program offers comprehensive recovery skills and addiction counseling for women, who may or may not have already gone through a residential drug rehab treatment center. Women may enter the IOP program at any stage as the model accommodates people in various stages of early recovery. It is an excellent choice for women who may go to school or work in the evening. Our outpatient program is for women who live locally in a stable environment such as a sober living, or at home in Orange County, CA with supportive loved ones. We offer Partial Day Treatment as well as Day and Evening Outpatient Programming.
Program Details for Our Alcohol and Drug Rehab IOP
We utilize The Matrix Model, an intensive outpatient treatment model for addiction treatment, consisting of relapse-prevention, education on addiction for the women as well as the family members affected by addiction, social-support, individual counseling, and drug testing over a sixteen week period. Our caring therapists lead drug and alcohol counseling sessions in a way that meets our women where they are, promotes self-esteem, dignity, and self-worth. Education for the family member covers triggers and cravings; stages of recovery; and typical family reactions to the stages of addiction and recovery and how they can best support their loved one.
Our women participate in mindfulness meditation to promote grounding and centeredness. These skills can be later used to reduce anxiety and overwhelming feelings which may occur in various phases of recovery. Yoga is integrated into our program and helps establish a connectedness to self and body. This sense of connection will allow the patient to commit to self-care. When yoga is combined with counseling, support groups, and healthy nutrition, it is very beneficial. Those struggling with chemical dependency can maintain lifelong wellness in a safe and natural way. We use a workbook called “Coping with Chaos” that helps our patients identify and recognize maladaptive behaviors and warning signs to relapse behavior, as has an emphasis on relationships in recovery.
Interactive daily process groups with our master’s level clinicians and peers provide an opportunity to address issues and learn new ways of functioning and living. In addition to individual therapy sessions and process groups, we offer specialized psycho-educational groups such as relapse prevention, communication, steps to forgiveness, grief and anger management, and life skills workshops to facilitate growth and address drug addiction.
Our other foundational curriculum, used specifically in our Partial Day Program, is Seeking Safety, a cognitive-behavioral group therapy that heals people struggling with substance use disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This type of therapy teaches different coping skills including learning how to ask for help, recognizing warning signs for relapse, self-care, and coping with PTSD symptoms.
Key Benefits for Women, Pregnant Women, and Mother’s Choosing to Fight Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Flexibility: Our Partial Day Program is 5.5 hours per day, four days a week, while our Intensive Outpatient Program is 3 hours per day, five days per week; both also offer a Saturday Family component for 2 hours. The Daytime Outpatient Program allows patients to work, or be at home in evenings with children and loved ones.
- Based on proven, research based models of addiction treatment that addresses the patient at their level of recovery
- Early recovery groups give women the essential skills and foundation for establishing and maintaining sobriety
- Family involvement educates, encourages and involves family and significant others in the recovery process, helping to break the generational cycle of addiction
- Relapse prevention addresses specific issues to help women take accountability for sustaining recovery
- Weekly Individual Therapy enhances the quality of recovery, while group therapies provide social support and peer connection that creates change
- Certified by the state of California, fully internationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), evidence based best practices with proven outcomes
- Approved as an in-network provider with most insurance carriers, and with others as an out-of-network provider. We have a combination of insurance and private pay options, as well as some partial scholarship funds available
Testimonials From Recovering Addicts
See what some others are saying about New Directions for Women.
See what some others are saying about New Directions for Women.
Who Should Attend our Outpatient Drug Rehab Costa Mesa Program?
- Women who have completed primary addiction treatment and want continued care for their substance use disorder
- Women who are working, going to school or occupied during the day
- Women who are not ready or able to commit to residential care
Intensive Outpatient Program Components:
- Individual and Conjoint Therapy
- Early Recovery Skills Groups
- Relapse Prevention Groups
- Family Education Group, Family Conjoint Sessions
- Social Support Group
- 12 Step Involvement
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Drug Testing – random weekly
- Aftercare is available to assist patients who are transitioning from professional care into a healthy, sober lifestyle on their own
Evaluation at New Directions for Women’s Costa Mesa, CA, Drug and Alcohol IOP Program
Patients who are entering into Outpatient Treatment at New Directions for Women will undergo an extensive evaluation process. Our intake counselors perform personal evaluations of each patient in order to understand the patient’s background including: health, psychiatric history, addiction history, and co-occurring mental disorders such as depression and/or anxiety.
Addiction Treatment Planning
Those patients who attend Intensive Outpatient Therapy will receive individualized one on one treatment planning for the duration of their time at New Directions. This treatment plan will ensure that all clinical needs are addressed and met. By creating a treatment plan, a patient can feel secure that each condition that was previously evaluated is treated. Your personal treatment care plan is individualized to your specific strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences.
Intensive IOP Admission Criteria
- Women 18 and over with primary diagnosis of chemical dependency.
- Potential patients will undergo an addiction assessment to determine which level of care they should enter.
- If a patient is actively using, they must get medically cleared by their primary care physician in order to enter outpatient treatment.
IOP Program Location
The New Directions for Women Outpatient offices is located in the heart of Costa Mesa, California close to John Wayne International Airport with easy access to the 405 and 55 freeways.
- Partial Day Treatment: $8,000 (4 weeks)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (Day or Evening) $4,000 (per month)
- Assessment: $150
- Psychiatric Evaluation: $300
- Group Therapy: $100
- Individual Session: $125
- Family Therapy: $175
*Most major insurances accepted. We are not a provider accepting Medicare or Medi-cal. Call today to speak with a caring admissions counselor. 800-93-WOMEN.
For a complete and up-to-date outpatient schedule, send us a note using the contact form on the right.
Start your Recovery Today Call for a Free Assessment
If you’d like to send us an email, use our contact page