On February 19th, 2013, we hosted a gala grand open house from 5 to 7 p.m. to celebrate our two new homes located on Willo Lane, only a few hundred feet from our original campus which is home to 24 women and up to 6 children in residential chemical dependency treatment. This new expanded facility will allow us to better serve our community and meet the health needs of women in Orange County. One home will serve as a sober living for women, while the other two-story home will serve as a sober living for women with their children, complete with a playground. An anonymous philanthropic investor contributed the funds to purchase both homes outright. The theme was “On the Wings of Angels” – a nod to this angel to our organization.
More than 125 stakeholders enjoyed food, refreshments, tours of the new homes, and also our mini Repeat Boutique set up so guests could shop while supporting our foundation. Guests also learned more about the next Phases of our Capital Expansion, which will allow us to transform the lives of so many more women, children, and their families in the upcoming years and lead to complete financial sustainability.
We hope that you enjoyed the pictures and consider visiting our facility some time soon. New Directions for Women has been serving the community since 1977 and is Orange County’s oldest women-only addiction treatment center. Our tranquil, safe center has healed thousands of women and hundreds of children, breaking the generational cycle of the hereditary disease of addiction.
For further information on New Directions for Women or to schedule a tour of the new homes, call Tania Bhattacharyya, Director of Development and Public Relations at (949) 313-1192 ext 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or simply by phone at 949-313-1192. We can help.