Getting help at New Directions for Women is as simple as two easy steps:
- Call or text us now at (800) 939-6636
- Fill out the contact us form on this page, and we will call you shortly.
Do you Really Want Help?
The women we serve span all ages, ethnicity, and regions throughout the nation. We are proud to help pregnant women in any trimester, women with their dependent children (up to the age of 12), and women who have a co-existing mental diagnosis or trauma. That being said, over the last forty years we’ve found there are two types of women who seek treatment with us on a regular basis.
Some are brand new to the recovery process, and this represents their first opportunity of seeking professional help to recover from addiction. They are looking for a holistic approach to treatment that addresses the body, mind, and spirit. At New Directions for Women, we provide a solid foundation for continuous, life-long success against her disease in a women’s only sanctuary, which includes all levels of care from detox stepped down to sober living.
Others will come to us because they have tried other methods either on their own, through another facility or program and could not get the traction and support they needed. Perhaps the other program was co-ed, or was only for 28 days. We’ve found that long term care in a gender specific setting that addresses patients’ trauma is the best solution for women getting sober.
Our VisionTransforming lives.
Our MissionSaving the lives of women of all ages, women with children and pregnant women affected by alcoholism, other addictions and related issues.
Our Core Values
Excellence – “Setting Standards”
Spiritual – “Soul Centered”
Integrity – “Moral Soundness”
Diversity – “Inclusive”
Addiction Information Blog
Vaping and E-Cigarettes Vaping devices and e-cigarettes are used as a mechanism to inhale aerosol vapors that usually contain nicotine, flavorings and other additives. E-cigarettes are typically referred to as
What is Vaping? A vaping device is also known as an e-cigarette, electronic delivery system or e-vaporizer. They are devices that are battery-operated and used for people to inhale a
Hi, I am Dr. Sunder. I am doing a presentation here on vaping and pregnancy for New Directions for Women. If you like this give me a thumbs up and
Heartbreak is a painful, yet inevitable part of the human experience. While the desire is often for a healthy and respectful love, relationships can devolve and become consumed by passive
Who Gets Help At New Directions for Women?
Women suffering from the disease of addition and alcoholism, and their loved ones get help here. We are fortunate to have treated people from all over the world. Women come to New Directions for Women broken, and leave determined to succeed. Families, husbands, children reach out to NDFW to get the help for the woman they love. We have women throughout the United States and abroad seeking shelter from addiction. We also have women that have completed a primary care program and want to come to us for extended stay, as research shows that the longer a woman stays in treatment at varying levels of care, especially for at least 90 days to a year, the outcome for her continued lifelong recovery increases dramatically.
What is New Directions for Women?
Our Vision – Transforming lives
Our Mission – Saving the lives of women of all ages, women with children and pregnant women affected by alcoholism, other addictions and related issues.
Our Core Values
- Excellence – “Setting Standards”
- Spiritual – “Soul Centered”
- Integrity – “Moral Soundness”
- Diversity – “Inclusive”
Why Come to New Directions?
This answer is simple – women get sober here. Women have been getting sober here for over 40 years. Our proven approach to treatment works – plain and simple. Our alumnae association is comprised of thousands of from all over the world who are uccessfully living a life of recovery.
- Women only treatment – single women, married women, pregnant women, all walks of life and all ages – one primary purpose – get sober – stay sober.
- Home-like environment – safe, secure campus, close to several Southern California beaches, large sober community, and local alumnae community.
- Clinically Exceeds Standards – internationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), we utilize evidence based curriculums such as Seeking Safety.
How Can I Be Accepted?
There are three factors that must be met prior to admission to our program.
- Each woman coming into treatment must be willing to be there. We have years of working with addicts and alcoholics – a woman might not think she can stay sober – we can help her, she may feel unloved and hopeless – we can love her and instill hope, she may feel like there is no other choice – we can guide her to making new choices. A woman can leave at any time of her own free will. So if you are not willing – we are not the place for you.
- Each woman must be clinically appropriate. There are many women who come to us that have more than just a substance use disorder. They have depression, or other mental health issues known as dual diagnosis, meaning they have more than one issue. However, substance use disorder must be the primary reason for admitting to New Directions for Women. If the secondary issue is something we do not treat, many times a woman will stay with us for substance use disorder and we will need to bring in a specialist at the cost of the family to help with other issues outside our specialty.
- Each woman must have the ability to participate financially. We know that when a woman and/or their family participates financially – the outcomes are better. New Directions for Women is a non-profit organization and is contracted with many insurance companies. We help thousands of women with scholarship funds to offset balances from insurance when we can, and we accept many private pay clients. Unfortunately, we are not covered by Medicare, Medi-Cal or Medi-Caid. Our scholarships are not designated to pay for an entire stay of treatment and must be for due to hardship.