- Goal: Make a gift after your lifetime
- How to Make a Gift: Name New Directions For Women in your Will or Living Trust and designate a percentage or share of the residue.
- Benefit: Donation is exempt from Federal Estate Tax.
Outright Gift of Cash
- Goal: Make an immediate gift
- How to Make a Gift: Write a check, credit card or cash.
- Benefit: Immediate income tax deduction.
Outright Gift of Securities
- Goal: Defer tax on gain at sale
- How to Make a Gift: Contribute shares of stock or other securities.
- Benefit: Avoidance of capital gains at sale.
Retained Life Estate
- Goal: Give your personal residence now, but continue to live there.
- How to Make a Gift: Designate ownership of your home to New Directions for Women, but retain occupancy.
- Benefit: Valuable charitable income tax deduction and lifetime use of residence.
Gift of Real Estate
- Goal: Make a gift of property no longer needed and generate an income tax deduction.
- How to Make a Gift: Donate the property to New Directions for Women.
- Benefit: Immediate income tax deduction. Reduction or elimination of capital gains tax at sale.
Charitable Remainder Trust
- Goal: Secure a fixed and often increased income, or create a hedge against inflation.
- How to Make a Gift: Create a trust that pays income annually; the principal is retained for New Directions for Women.
- Benefit: Variable or fixed income for life and immediate income tax charitable deduction.
Gift of Retirement Assets
- Goal: Avoid two fold taxation (income and estate taxes) by naming New Directions for Women as beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- How to Make a Gift: Name New Directions for Women as the beneficiary of the remainder of the assets after your lifetime.
- Benefit: Allows you to make the gift from the most highly taxed assets, leaving better assets for family