- Goal: Make a gift after your lifetime
- How to Make a Gift: Name New Directions For Women in your Will or Living Trust and designate a percentage or share of the residue.
- Benefit: Donation is exempt from Federal Estate Tax.
Outright Gift of Cash
- Goal: Make an immediate gift
- How to Make a Gift: Write a check, credit card or cash.
- Benefit: Immediate income tax deduction.
Outright Gift of Securities
- Goal: Defer tax on gain at sale
- How to Make a Gift: Contribute shares of stock or other securities.
- Benefit: Avoidance of capital gains at sale.
Retained Life Estate
- Goal: Give your personal residence now, but continue to live there.
- How to Make a Gift: Designate ownership of your home to New Directions for Women, but retain occupancy.
- Benefit: Valuable charitable income tax deduction and lifetime use of residence.
Gift of Real Estate
- Goal: Make a gift of property no longer needed and generate an income tax deduction.
- How to Make a Gift: Donate the property to New Directions for Women.
- Benefit: Immediate income tax deduction. Reduction or elimination of capital gains tax at sale.
Charitable Remainder Trust
- Goal: Secure a fixed and often increased income, or create a hedge against inflation.
- How to Make a Gift: Create a trust that pays income annually; the principal is retained for New Directions for Women.
- Benefit: Variable or fixed income for life and immediate income tax charitable deduction.
Gift of Retirement Assets
- Goal: Avoid two fold taxation (income and estate taxes) by naming New Directions for Women as beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- How to Make a Gift: Name New Directions for Women as the beneficiary of the remainder of the assets after your lifetime.
- Benefit: Allows you to make the gift from the most highly taxed assets, leaving better assets for family
If you would like to give to New Directions for Women contact our Director of Development and Public Relations at: (949) 313-1192 Ext. 300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org